Finding the Right Stove Pipe to Chimney Adapters/Connections Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gregan

Nov 29, 2022
Vancouver, BC
The store where I bought my new stove is being decidedly unhelpful and has told me I would need to wait over a month to get their installer to my house to help me out with my questions below and hasn't helped guide me with any suggested proper installation steps/resources.

During the gutting of my home at the start of my renovations, the old wood stove and chimney got pulled out and thrown out. I'm missing an adapter for the hardware in the ceiling that has been thrown away during renos.

Is there any chance I'll be able to find the right adapter to fit into this old hardware (see pics below)? Or am I screwed here and I'm going to have to install new hardware that connects the stove pipe and chimney?

PXL_20221216_222743051.jpg

PXL_20221216_222755635.jpg

Bonus Question: Do I just slide the stove pipe onto the top hole of the wood stove and screw it on? Do I have to worry about how tight the seal of the inside pipe is against the tube coming out of the top of the stove? The pipe can juggle around a bit, but it's not snug. I guess the smoke wouldn't really have anywhere to go...

PXL_20221216_222838323.jpg

PXL_20221216_222909631.jpg

Thank you for your time and help folks, much appreciated having your support. PXL_20221216_222856220.jpg

Hi, can you describe your stove or provided more photos please. Include the age, brand etc of the old and the new. The information will help other members help you
New stove pipe and new classA chimney may be what you want. Have you had the old chimney cleaned and inspected to see if it serviceable?

I'm not positive, but this resembles the SureTemp chimney support box. This thread discussed a similar setup.

Hi, can you describe your stove or provided more photos please. Include the age, brand etc of the old and the new. The information will help other members help you
New stove pipe and new classA chimney may be what you want. Have you had the old chimney cleaned and inspected to see if it serviceable?
Thanks for the follow-up for more information:

The stove is a brand new Supreme Novo 24, the stove pipe was purchased with the stove.

The chimney I don't know if and when it was installed... it came with the house I purchased. I don't know how old it is. It's been cleaned recently and was inspected less than two years ago and was fine to use.

I'm hoping I don't have to install a new chimney, money is tight these days!

I'm not positive, but this resembles the SureTemp chimney support box. This thread discussed a similar setup.
Unfortunately that's different than what I have... Sounds like I should call Selkirk though! I'll give them a try tomorrow.