Finished burning? You Kidding? pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Here it is April 19 and my rhodies are looking like very unhappy campers

Attachments

• big screen 008.jpg
    big screen 008.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 748
  • big screen 009.jpg
    big screen 009.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 736
Snow has been reported all around us, heavy a bit to the north of us. Here it's 37 outside, but fortunately no snow, yet...

I fired up the T6 yesterday afternoon and it's been going since then. Today is the first time I've tried it out with big splits (8-9"). It's great, kind of like cruise control.

2nd day in a row we didn't have a fire....WOOOOHOOOOOO!

The Summit is officially sleeping till next season.
As much as I love my Summit, it takes a back seat to my hawg.
The pics explain it all, nuff said ;)

Attachments

• New pipes.jpg
    New pipes.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 705
Flip side;)

Attachments

• 4-19-08.jpg
    4-19-08.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 682
That`s a real beauty hawg. Is it Nuke powered? :lol:

sonnyinbc said:
That`s a real beauty hawg. Is it Nuke powered? :lol:

I wish, filled er up today, almost $18.00 for just under gallons.
I remember when $4.00 would fill her up.
I hope someones working on bio fuel for hawgs ;)

North, I love those realistic looking deer lawn ornaments. It has been sunny and in the 70's today and the most of last week. Our gas price was around $1.00/litre a few months ago. Now it is $1.21 and they are predicting $1.50 by the end of summer. I'm getting a nat gas furnace put in to replace my oil furnace. Started season at $0.78/l and now it is $1.10/l for heating oil. I'll recover the furnace costs in less than 4 seasons.

kalevi said:
North, I love those realistic looking deer lawn ornaments. It has been sunny and in the 70's today and the most of last week. Our gas price was around $1.00/litre a few months ago. Now it is $1.21 and they are predicting $1.50 by the end of summer. I'm getting a nat gas furnace put in to replace my oil furnace. Started season at $0.78/l and now it is $1.10/l for heating oil. I'll recover the furnace costs in less than 4 seasons.

They are as real as they come. Unfortunatly so is our oil prices also. Therefore the woodstove. ;-)

Attachments

• april d.jpg
    april d.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 589
Forecast is for this big cold bubble to sag over the center of the country soon. Sorry TMonter, Shane, looks chilly in Idaho, Wyoming soon.

BeGreen said:
Forecast is for this big cold bubble to sag over the center of the country soon. Sorry TMonter, Shane, looks chilly in Idaho, Wyoming soon.

And didn`t these guys say they had just shut it down for the season? %-P

Nice Pic/ Harly heaven. The stove is put a way. It was 81 to day and it going to drop to 60 cut the grass today what bummer

We keep hearing about the snowstorm out there. Right now we can laugh because Spring hit us last week. Weather has been fantastic here and now they've extended the forecast for a few more good days. No doubt we'll pay dearly for it though. Still, maybe this is just making up for a terrible winter.

I've got most of the wood stacked now but still some to go. Have to work on that a little at a time because of the body. Yesterday I did the first tilling in the garden and planted some new strawberries. Today we'll plant some peas, but not much else will be planted for a bit yet. Maybe potatoes but I like to plant those in early May.

We have the neighborhood deer too. They hang out in my pasture because they know the coyotes won't come near the horses. For those of you city folks who don't know a horse will almost always attack a coyote not the other way around. Ours just lie in wait and we have monster Doberman yotes around here about the size of a medium sized wolf. Too bad the deer bring with them the Lyme Disease bearing deer tick in recent years so their presence isn't so welcome. Critters do make the best neighbors. Nice hog too. I am putting together an old 1982 Yamaha 500 Virago for my summer transportation. Time to start hanging up the car whenever I can.

So much for global warming, eh..........................

Driz said:
We have the neighborhood deer too. They hang out in my pasture because they know the coyotes won't come near the horses. For those of you city folks who don't know a horse will almost always attack a coyote not the other way around.

I've never heard that. I really have doubts about our horses attacking anything. Heck, they run away from cows! I know some nights the 'yotes are close by the house, the pack sounds really nasty with their yipping and yiping, but our horses probably spend the night down in our south pasture, a good quarter mile away.

Ken

Ken45 said:
Driz said:
We have the neighborhood deer too. They hang out in my pasture because they know the coyotes won't come near the horses. For those of you city folks who don't know a horse will almost always attack a coyote not the other way around.

I've never heard that. I really have doubts about our horses attacking anything. Heck, they run away from cows! I know some nights the 'yotes are close by the house, the pack sounds really nasty with their yipping and yiping, but our horses probably spend the night down in our south pasture, a good quarter mile away.

Ken

Oh yea. My wife once inflicted upon me a dumbass 180 lb doberman that I soon came to hate. We got a Welch pony and of course the mutt had to have a go at him to see if he could make the horse run. It ran alright but in a tight circle so fast the horse was in back in a blink. Man did he lean into it nearly sideways full tilt. Next it was like a road runner cartoon as he chased that huge mutt all over the field with those huge horse teeth snapping at the stubby dog tail. All the while the mutt was yelping and tuckin his tush in running more like a rabbit to keep out of range of those teeth. That mutt never went near a horse again. We have a family of foxes that have shared the field our house has been in ever since we built here. One day that same pony was sleeping in the field stretched out on his side looking quite dead. The fox, who is deathly afraid of him saw the pony and slid over to investigate. I watched as he slid in from behind and got as close as he dared stretched out as far as he could to keep his distance and get a sniff. The foxes nose touched Stormy's tail, up came the head and away they went. Poor fox just barely got away with his life. Another time the fox got chased by one of the big horses. I never saw a horse flatten out and move like that. It wasn't really a gallop, more of a fast paced scamper like a dog. Our horses live outside nearly all the time so may be that is why they are more territorial.
Those yotes are a real PITA aren't they? 10 or 12 sound like a couple hundred. Every once in a while I have to launch a .22 out the back door to send them on their way to go bother someone else. Too bad we have woods close by. They stay just out of sight and you can't see to shoot them.

The northeast will be rounding out about 2 weeks of above avg temps if the pattern holds through the weekend. Fine with me as it gets the ground warming up and sun pours through the skylights heating the house up into the mid-70s.

Wood stove? what wood stove?

We've been mid-high 70's for the past week and supposed to continue this week. Just a tease. We'll get nailed with cold and snow to bring us back to reality I would bet. Latest I can remember snow was May 7th. Ive heard of later around here though.

Heck over the weekend it was in the 80's and I had to get my docks in the water so I could take the boat out. Stove hasn't been lit for a while and that is on the western side of the finger lakes in NY.

fell sorry for you's out there still looking at the white stuff! This past weend was the begenning of the end for the Olympic! I am just glad to have over 2 cord of wood left for next year! Last year I was out the end of March. Now I will clean her up real good and the chimney will get another brushing. I for one and glad to see the burning season over for me. having said that, I also cant wait to see it come!

Well, I went snowboarding over the weekend, with lots of new powder, here on the Hood................. Still can't wait for my stove and burning............. keep the snow coming.............
Probably should stay home tho..................... limping around here, with a injured knee now.............

I'm just about to go light a fire in the cook stove. Getting kind of cool here tonight. 44 degrees now. Still some ice and snow in the woods with more at the higher elevations. A good dry strectch of weather, almost to dry for early spring, stopped burn permits, high fire danger. I uncovered some 4x8 blocks; yep ice underneath! I went to Lagrange and
Howland last Friday; 2 feet of snow in the woods. But melting fast. 5 or 6 feet still way up in northern and western Maine. Rivers and streams are over their banks. Coyotes yip. There almost as big as a wolf around here. We have lost quite a few cats to them. Or it could be the owl's. Our dogs (big labs) go ballistic when they here them or smell them. But they can never catch them. I've seen a our big male cat chase a fox. sweetheat

Done burnin, gone fishin. Started off good this year, caught this one sunday, 5 pounds 12 ounces.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.