Finnaly.. I have an outdoor fireplace. I found a new use for an old stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay3000

Jul 30, 2008
Greensboro, NC
The stove is not really worth anything since it will cost at least $800 to get it back in shape. So, I gutted it of all of the burn plates and parked it by the deck. Looks way better than a barrel..

Attachments

• 100_0099 (600 x 395).jpg
    100_0099 (600 x 395).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 100_0098 (600 x 395).jpg
    100_0098 (600 x 395).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 282
No No No.......if that stove is not warped, please don' do that. Do you have any idea how much a Firelight 600 is. Let alone thee CAT model which they don't make anymore. I have the same stove and will invest as much as needed in mine to keep it running. I absolutely love the CAT model! To buy something equivelant would be over 2000.00 !!! You can get the CAT's for the 600 for 150.00 on line, the gaskets are like cheap, just buy the graphite rope. Not to tell you what to do but I probably know at least 2 people who would give you at least a couple hundred bucks for that stove if its not warped or cracked. It will rust out in a few years if you keep it outside. just my 2 cents.

P.S. If you are determined to do that, I'll take the burn plates off your hands!!

Gotchya! Sounds like yo u got a lemon! Plates shouldn't crack like that! Enjoy your new Caddilac fire pit! That will definetely give people fire pit envy! :)

I have the model 12 as well and have yet to have any problems with it, no plate problems and no issues with the CAT or chamber. I just cleaned everything and inspected it all. Theres gonna be lemons, sounds you got unlucky.

I would love to have that stove because it is blue enamel. Matches my walls. On the other hand, if it's a lemon,
Thats a classy looking firepit.

Status
Not open for further replies.