Fire in August

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROVERT

Aug 7, 2012
I wrapped up the major portion of my stove installation this evening and couldn't keep myself from burning a little kindling just to see some flame in it.

DSC01478.JPG

This has been a lengthy and complicated project that has been rolling around in my mind for a while now, but really got moving about a month ago when this stove showed up on CL.

Reactions: es332 and ScotO
It's been cold enough here that I could heat with the stove if I wanted. Natural gas boiler has been running every couple days to throw some heat into the slab (floor heat). Gets in the 40s during the night, some days only high 50s.

I usually wait till it's getting in the low 30s at night, that's generally toward the end of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.