Fire, injuries, pottery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That first piece is unreal. I haven't seen anything like that before. Kinda of a urchin/starfish/medusa.

Reactions: PapaDave
Dang, sorry to hear about the storm damage, AP.

What a bummer. Hope the next show is sunny and profitable.

Great looking stuff - Is that last piece raku? Our art teacher had this cool Hawaiian guy come in and fire pieces in a 55 gallon drum in the parking lot.

Sorry to hear about your loss of stock... the replacements look amazing! Wishing you high sales:)

Where is a good place to find the basic info and design of building a kiln?

Where is a good place to find the basic info and design of building a kiln?
Fred Olsen's "the kiln book" is the best reference I've found. When you know what effects that you want, and pick a style, there are some good sites and books on particular designs. Steve Harison's "Laid Back Wood Firing" helped me with my design, as did the Bourry designs at www.sidestoke.com

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Big thanks!

Glad you're alright. Could have been a lot worse as you know.

For gosh sakes be careful. As always excellent work. I still want to see that kiln going in person some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.