Fire pot overload

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Svictor618

Feb 9, 2017
Michigan
Third season on pellet stove.Basket is full of unburnt pellets and ash catcher has pellets and hot embers.Toatly disassembled and cleaned it all. Chinmly is drafting efficiency. Useing pro pellets that have been very good to me over the past.its a vogelzsng by 5790 running it on setting one it uses1.8 bags a day very consistent from year to year. After I cleaned it same result. Have air inlet open so that pellets are at the smallest flame possible at slowest part of the cycle.Could I have a bad pallet of pellets? I'm at a loss been fighting it for weeks.

Pro pellets are giid pellets. Does this stove have trap doors to remove and clean out ash? Have you tried leaf blower trick on it yet to remove hidden ash? It's very effective in stoves that have hard to reach cavities, youtube it for how to.

The unit has two removable doors. Not used a leave blower on unit it's self. I used one to blow out chimney pipe when I disassembled it over weekend. Blower motor was removed and it was some what dirty but nothing was real alarming.

Go out and buy a bag of different pellets, that should eliminate or confirm if it is your batch.