"Fire Starters"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mschenkel

Jan 3, 2009
Western NY
Was wondering if anyone could tell me if "Fire Starters", made by Hearthmark LLC, are bad to use with a wood stove containing a catalytic converter. It states they are made of "high grade wax & sawdust". Would this "poison" the catalytic converter? I usually break each stick into thirds and use one third to start my fire.

Thanks.

Attachments

• firestarters.jpg
    firestarters.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 258
i have used a similar product to start my fires for years, NEVER had a problem. i think you will be fine, esp since you are only using a third of a log at a time

I agree with weezer. That is the same mix for about all fire starters any more, even the Super Ceder brand. I think the big difference between brands is wood type, wood size, density, and raito between wax and wood.

No problems with them Mark. I've been using those for years and never had an issue.

They are all burned up by the time you engage your cat.

Oh by the way, I noticed by your previous post, you had an Intrepid, not a Intrepid II, your stove
I believe is a non cat stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.