Fire starting. Tips and tricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolmar7900

Dec 22, 2013
Whitewater Wisconsin

I know there are many ways to start a fire in the woodstove. There are many videos on YouTube showing different ways and some of them are very time-consuming. I thought I would post this video hopefully demonstrating an easy way to not only build a fire but have the fire burning very hot in a very short amount of time. Let me know if you have any suggestions?

Reactions: Dolmar7900
The beauty of top down is that as volatiles are cooked out of the stuff under the fire they have to pass through the flames and burn instead of going up the pipe unburned. Also the paper and kindling heat the pipe fast kick starting draft and in all it makes for the most smoke free fire start possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.