firebox liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy_1948

Hearth Supporter
Sep 26, 2007
Hello everyone, I have a wood stove that I've been using for 12 years. I noticed at the end of last winter, The mortar type liner inside the firebox is coming up. I got a few chunks of it when I was cleaning out the ashes. Can someone tell me what this liner is made of. I need to replace it before winter gets here. I looked at it today and I can take my ash shovel and lift most of it up. This is the mortar that is in the bottom of the firebox. Someone told me they had firebrick in theirs, but this is not a brick, it's more of a mortar

Is it a refractory panel? What is the make and model of your stove?

yes, yes, definately , what model stove is it , if you arent sure ( heck had wife for 12 years forgot what she was called) look on the data tag should be across the very top of the tag

I'm sorry for being so long in getting back to this question. Had to go out of town for a while and just got back in. Didn't know when I posted the question I was going to have to leave.
My stove is a XTEC. It's a wood stove that is built like a insert. It's not a free standing stove. I have a 6" stainless stove pipe running up the chimney. It's a old house that we restored, but Instead of having the chimney relined and having a insert installed, I just bought the wood stove and used the stainless pipe. I installed the heater in 1992, so it is a 90-92 model.
Thanks for your replies, and again I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.