Firebricks for Harman sf 2500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt9637

Oct 13, 2014
Mass
Hi, new member here. I have been reading the forums for some time for all the useful info that is posted here, but this is my first time posting. I have a Harman SF 2500 wood/coal furnace, and I need to replace the firebricks inside as many of them are cracked. I have searched extensively on the Internet to find the specific type of firebrick used for my furnace but I have been unable to find much info. My question is can I just go to Home Depot and purchase some standard firebricks, or do I need to find a specific type for my furnace. I apologize for the newbie question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

You can buy firebrick many places, HD's are as good as anyones. They will be either full or splits, going by the thickness of them. Take a few out of the Harman to see which you have, I'd guess splits on the side as the bottom is a grate? Cracked ones are o.k. to keep using, ones missing chunks should be replaced. Just a note, I ran my SF 260 for 16 years, never replaced a brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.