Firelight air control fixed with new handle!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Dec 31, 2007
Ok, got my new handle this week, I wanted to take pictures before I put it in but I couldn't find the camera(turns out the wife had it in her purse). Anyway I'll pop the cover off and take some pics of the new one this week to show the differences. Basically it's just a different bend in the portion of the handle that contacts the slider plate. I would say it's pretty different, with an s shape in it. Took about 5-10 minutes to put in and so far so good. Hard to completely claim victory yet, but it moves as smooth as silk right now. The item # is 222467 on the slip that came with it. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works. I'm pretty much out of wood at this point so I don't think it'll get much of a workout this year, maybe a few more fires, but I should be set for next year!!!

Hey Sped,

With five days of using the new air lever I am curious to hear how it is working. I just sent the part number you listed off to my dealer asking him to get it for me, thanks for that.

Hi Guys, My new lever has been in for three weeks and is starting to stick again. It's a little frustrating considering the dealer has been here twice already. I guess I'll take it apart again when I'm done burning for the season and see if I can fix it myself for good.

Jim

Ya say ya got a sticky air control lever eh?. If it helps, i've got the original in my Firelight. What I did to fix the situation was to tap it with a stove poker to where I need it. :p I have not adjusted that by direct hand contact in 8+ years. (I know it isn't a fix but ats how I deal with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.