fireplace insert id?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike in ct

Sep 18, 2008
nw ct
anyone know what this is? i'm somewhat interested in buying it, but it needs a blower. he says it has 2 and 1 is bad. the only thing is he says no tags or model number on it. he has no clue what it is.looks similat to vermont winter warm, but i dont think it is. any feedback appreciated - mike
3K33I53F75I25Me5J2d1dd08e8af54692194e.jpg

Old VC large insert, model 0044 or 0046, predecessor to the WinterWarm Large?

Old VC large insert, model 0044 or 0046, predecessor to the WinterWarm Large?
thank you begreen, i'll look around and see what i can find. you would'nt happen to know if parts are still available for it would you?

actually i looked it up, and i believe you are correct. i found this - after paging down, i see the part numbers for left and right blower - no longer available. any ideas where one of these blowers can be had? also does anyone have any experiance with these stoves? is so...your opinion?
0046a.jpeg

thanks, i've opted to buy a used hearthstone heritage for sale on craigslist. i'm heading out shortly to get it. i appreciate the feedback. - mike

I had one of those while I was buying my three stoves on CL. I even copied the whole manual and posted it online somewhere here I think. I recall a guy that swore by the 044/046 fireplace insert. The one I had was a little bit of a hassle for me and I liked the Vermont Stove Company thing I am using right now more.

The special duct that came with mine was kind of a hassle in my tilted smoke shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.