Fireplace Mantle/Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdylan89

Jul 11, 2014
DC
Hello all,

I'm new to these forums and just had a general questions. I recently bought an old house in DC which had a fake fireplace for decoration. The wall was sealed up and it was never an actual fireplace. It took up a considerable amount of wall space so I removed it. I was going to just take it to the dump but my question is would it be worth anything or should I try and sell it. The cover with the woman on it is cast iron I believe and a sturdy/heavy piece. I have no clue if it would be desirable or not so was hoping to get some second opinions. Also if it is worth anything what do you think I could sell it for. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Insert 2.jpg
    Insert 2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Insert 1.jpg
    Insert 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Mantle.jpg
    Mantle.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 126
yeah don't take that to the dump i am sure it is worth something.

Yes, for sure this is sellable. All it takes is finding a buyer. Put it on craigslist with a reasonable price and it should go quickly. The cover is very nice. Kind of Maxfield Parish style.

If that backyard is in NW, it has a better chance of still being there when the buyer shows up than...

But is gonna be rain drenched by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.