Fireplace not turning on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruceanast

Jan 4, 2016
Corona, CA
Howdy,

I have a Heatilator BCBR36 that was installed ~2001. I have checked for power under the fireplace, all is good. I put batteries in the cradle and unplugged the transformer and still no go. Checked the wall switch and it seems to be good. When the wall switch is turned on no clicking sound is heard. It has a dextron valve assembly. I am fairly confident it is the control module. I found a replacement module online for $58. Just not sure if its the valve assembly or the control module. Is there any test I can do to rule out one of them?

I vacuumed out and cleaned all the components. I unplugged and replugged in the main cable assembly on the control module.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!!

Did you check the batteries to see if they were fully charged?
Many "NEW" batteries sit on store (or pantry) shelves for long periods of time
& may not maintain the original charges. A multimeter set to
millivolts DC will measure the condition of the battery charge.
Did you pull the wires off the switch & touch the bare ends together?
That will eliminate the wall switch as the problem.
Valves very seldom fail. More than likely it is the module.

Did you check the batteries to see if they were fully charged?
Many "NEW" batteries sit on store (or pantry) shelves for long periods of time
& may not maintain the original charges. A multimeter set to
millivolts DC will measure the condition of the battery charge.
Did you pull the wires off the switch & touch the bare ends together?
That will eliminate the wall switch as the problem.
Valves very seldom fail. More than likely it is the module.

Just tried pulling the wires off the switch and touching together. No love. I'm fairly confident the batteries are good. I tried several sets to make sure. I think I'm going to try switching out the control module. Amazon has a good return policy, if I need to return it.

Thanks for your reply!!!

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.