Q&A Fireplace Surrounds for Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I received a pellet stove as a gift but it doesn't fill my fireplace (even with the additional frame around it. I was wondering if there is a place to order new framing (I am not sure what to call the additional thin metal around it) and if so, does it come in various shapes. I live in an older home and the fireplace has an arc on the top rather than going directly across. Any help would be much appreciated! Amie

Answer:

We call these fireplace surrounds, panels or shrouds. You can usually have something larger made up, either by your local sheet metal or fab shop, or by the manufacturer of the stove. They can then be painted to match the existing stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.