FIREPLACE XTRORDINAIR 32 DVS DELUXE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rick5

May 4, 2021
Virginia Beach, VA
Hi,
I am in the early stages of researching a possible conversion of my zero clearance wood burning fireplace to direct vent gas. I do not have natural gas service right now, so I am considering a propane tank. A local fireplace store recommends the subject insert. I was able to see it operate in the store and was very impressed with it. I would be quite happy with that insert. Is there any reason for me to consider any other brands with comparable products? If so, could someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
Rick

If that's the ONLY hearth shop in your area, & they have a knowledgeable service dept,
I'd consider going with them. If there are other hearth shops in your area, visit & see what they offer.
Make sure you have the dimensions of the opening of your existing ZC box with you.

Last edited:
There is one more. I am really wavering on this decision. My wife is a lung cancer survivor, and I can't live without a fireplace, so I know direct vent gas is the safest option. OTOH, the thought of parting with a beautiful open wood fireplace is depressing. I wish I never started reading about particulate emissions earlier this year. Ignorance is bliss!