Fireside Ultra review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger72

Minister of Fire
Oct 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
Just my observations of this years batch thus far. Heat seems good, zero, ZERO, buildup in the pot! (Very important trait in my opinion). Ash is on the high side, but I'll take that trade off since they don't buildup to an ash-cake in the pot. Very little dust in the bag.

Whats there color?, last year mine were very light, mostly all softwood, lot's of heat but left clinker's in the corner's of my burnpot, no other pellet ever did that in my 17+ year's of burning

This is my third year with the FSU's. This years delivery is lighter in color and longer. The smell is less aromatic than last year and has less of the softwood (spruce?) aroma than the last two years. The burn is hot and clean with medium ash. The carbon like residue in the pot is light and easy to scrape. I do find a high variability between pallets but so far it was been a good buy at $239 a ton plus delivery charge.
I had a gasket issue last week that caused a dirty glass and stove. A new door gasket change the burn from fair to great. It makes me wonder if bad reviews on pellets may be as much about the stove as the pellet.

Mine are medium to light in color. I am pleased with the $250 I paid after tax. I picked up the pallet with my truck.

Who is selling FU's?

Picked mine up at Home Dopey.

Status
Not open for further replies.