Firewood processor build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brack86svo

Jan 18, 2013
Central PA
I started a homemade firewood processor build. The one thing disappointing about looking into building something like this, there were was only one start to finish video of a build. I decided to film the whole thing in hopes that it would help someone else looking to do the same thing.

The first two episodes are posted, and I’m working on the infeed table now.

Hope you’ll watch and enjoy. Let me know if you any feedback or advice.

Firewood Processor Build Ep 1 - Trailer

Looking foreward to the build.

Nice 1st. Video,
I went to youtube and found it there also, but why are the comments turned off ??
You won’t get any tips/help that way !!

Comments show that they are turned on. There are some comments on the second video for the splitter, so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t allow it for the first episode.

Reactions: showrguy
brack86svo I went to U tube and looked a both videos. Looking forward to see the whole build. I built one about eight years ago. Used it pretty hard for a few years and ran out of good pole wood to run threw it. Its coming up three years its set in the shed. With the hedge we been doing its easier to use the skid loader, grapple and chain saw to block and run threw my homemade splitter. Wish now I would have never built it.

brack86svo I went to U tube and looked a both videos. Looking forward to see the whole build. I built one about eight years ago. Used it pretty hard for a few years and ran out of good pole wood to run threw it. Its coming up three years its set in the shed. With the hedge we been doing its easier to use the skid loader, grapple and chain saw to block and run threw my homemade splitter. Wish now I would have never built it.
Thanks for watching the videos. Finishing episode 3 now and should have posted soon.
Pole wood is easy to come by for me. My buddy has 20 acres two lots up from mine that is all wooded. I’m the only one pulling wood out of there so, I should at least be good for a long time. If I ever get to a point that I’m done with it, I’m sure I can find someone to buy it.

Episode 3 is up. The infeed table is mostly done. I’ve been told the audio is not good, so hopefully the video explains enough.

Firewood Processor Build Ep 3 - The Infeed Table