First Burn of the Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MuchoBueno

Burning Hunk
Dec 20, 2014
Lower Hudson Valley
Oh yeah fired her up and she's chugging along throwing crazy heat. Oil prices are cheap I only bought 2 tons of Chows from HD. I was thinking of using the stove during the day and the oil during the night when we are asleep for a more uniform heat. Let's give that a try. I think it will be good.

Been burning for awhile but this week is the first time I've had to leave it on all day too. Been snowing for a week, high winds, last 2 nights have been about 5F. Been running stove on HR4 at night. At least I'll go through these Kirtlands faster and can get to the Pro Pellets which are hotter.

Hopefully this isn't going to be another 2013-2014 winter because it's starting out just like it. But if it is I've got an extra ton of pellets just in case.