First Burn problems. Not looking for an answer, I fixed it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bill3rail

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
LI, NY
Went out shooting today and came home to a cold house so I decided to burn the stove for the first time.

Background, ESW England's Stove Works 25PDV had a full cleaning and testing of everything early spring so I expected the stove to crank right up. Ha!

Cranked her up and no pellets were fed into burn pot. A quick look and lower auger was not turning. Found the original motor which was replaced in 2014 and installed it to fix the problem.

I now need to order a spare motor so I needed to find this thread which is now locked.
Great information here on quality of replacement motors!
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/englander-auger-motor-failure-and-replacement.30454/

Bill

I should have bought a few spare auger motors years ago...