First fire Blaze King Ultra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlcox

Sep 27, 2013
New stove installed yesterday first burn early this AM. Now monitoring with IR. everything went fine. Supposed to be in 70s here today so have to shut it down in a few hours. Well built stove, have Buck cat and Buck non cat. When I figure out how to post pictures I will. Just a black glass thought at 450*. Later.

New stove installed yesterday first burn early this AM. Now monitoring with IR. everything went fine. Supposed to be in 70s here today so have to shut it down in a few hours. Well built stove, have Buck cat and Buck non cat. When I figure out how to post pictures I will. Just a black glass thought at 450*. Later.

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new stove. Should be a fun winter.

Wait til the cold weather gets here, you're going to love the stove, pictures of your set up would be nice, pictures of a burning Blaze King not so nice.

Here is set up in my man cave. 24 hours of burn still going! Amazing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 373
I'm hoping you never have a fuel line leak in the car...
Me too, the car is much further away than it looks in the picture however. 15 feet or more. Also building is 3500sq ft. With 14 foot ceilings lots of air space. Back and sides of Stoves has heat shields on it.

Last edited:
Did you check with your insurance company about installing this in a garage? It is against code in most jurisdictions. Even where permissible they usually require the stove to be installed 18" above the floor.

Last edited:
Did you check with your insurance company about installing this in a garage? It is against code in most jurisdictions. Even where permissible they usually require the stove to be installed 18" above the floor.
Begreen makes a very good point Carl. When I installed my stove, the insurance agent said it could not be installed in my garage. I never intended doing that, but he mentioned it just the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
They allow them where I live but I'm not sure what specs you have to follow.

I have the same stove in the house. With 3500 SF did you consider the King model?

I am installing a stove in my shop this week and my permitting authority (county) requires it be 18" off the floor. This is actually a good thing since loading and viewing will be easier from the more frequent standing position of a shop. Plus, the explosive gasses thing.

I do have to switch insurance companies though. State Farm will not insure an outbuilding with a stove.

Nice metal ceiling/walls. I am planning for metal on the ceiling. Should save me from mudding/taping/painting up there at 14 feet.

I have the same stove in the house. With 3500 SF did you consider the King model?

I am installing a stove in my shop this week and my permitting authority (county) requires it be 18" off the floor. This is actually a good thing since loading and viewing will be easier from the more frequent standing position of a shop. Plus, the explosive gasses thing.

I do have to switch insurance companies though. State Farm will not insure an outbuilding with a stove.

Nice metal ceiling/walls. I am planning for metal on the ceiling. Should save me from mudding/taping/painting up there at 14 feet.

It is the King Ultra Model. On pedestal. I live in NoMans land, way out. My dog allows me to set my own codes out here. However it was done by a licensed BlazeKing dealer and Chimney Sweep. Thanks for the warnings though

Reactions: privatejoker75
Oh, with the king 24 hours is only halfway. That thing is rated for 40+ hours. Good choice.

Reactions: alforit
It is the King Ultra Model. On pedestal. I live in NoMans land, way out. My dog allows me to set my own codes out here. However it was done by a licensed BlazeKing dealer and Chimney Sweep. Thanks for the warnings though
Well said!

Mine is at 26 hours right now with plenty of wood left. I'll probably refill in the morning. Un freaking believable stove.

Reactions: alforit
After 35 hours...still had a split off to the right that had a ways to go and lots of chunks Still solid. this doesn't look like much left to a non-cat burner, but it would have probably made 40 hours and it wasn't exactly a packed load. It was bur oak though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 178
Congrats. We have a BK Chinook 20. First fire was last friday, 10 days later still going strong. Not much need for kindling/newspaper with one of these things :)

Now there's a long burn record. 10 day burn? :)

How often are you reloading that Chinook 20, in what size space are you heating?

Now there's a long burn record. 10 day burn? :)

How often are you reloading that Chinook 20, in what size space are you heating?

Small 1 bedroom house that's about 1000 sq ft. I haven't been jam packing the box so I've been topping it off about every 8 hours (burning mostly pine along with some fir/tamarack). Thermostat set about halfway

We both work from home so it makes it easy (and convenient) to just keep it going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.