First fire of the season.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Corey

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Midwest
Well, several days of cloudy / cold and rain drained my 'thermal mass' and temps hovering around freezing with sleet falling tonight mean first fire of the season! Thinking back to a few years ago when I posted it was nearly 70ºF on Halloween night - but hopefully it will warm up again. Way too early for this type of cold to set in!

Reactions: 7acres
We're all getting used to warmer falls. I can recall having heavy frosts in Sept. knocking out the garden.

Fall up here has been more like a "normal" fall then it has in the last few years.
It's been cool and damp, with the odd cool, sunny days, been a nice fall actually.
We've had a number of burns at the cabin (Fisher baby bear) and a few burns here at home in both PEs.
Mostly just partial loads to take the morning chill off.
Happy burn season everyone, hope everyone keeps warm!

We fired up the stove yesterday (Sunday), got the house warmed up, then shut it down, the house holds the heat pretty well, so stayed warm till this morning, but still 62*F in the coldest part of the house, outside temps in the mid / high 30's. I will set it up for the Wife tonight before I head out, but till then, burn Oil just to get the house up to temp, then shut it back down.