First fires in the Oslo after the break-in steps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepinto65

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2008
Webster, MA
Figured i'd share these. Watching the secondary's really was cool for me as i've never seen them in person before.

The first is right after I turned the air down, and the second is after about an hour of lower air.

Nice fire. Did you go outside and check your chimney for smoke?

Of course, not a spec!
Even when lighting the stove I noticed the the firebox heats up really fast and can get secondary combustion with stove top temps way down.

Mike

Will you tell us where you bought your stove??

Thanks John

johnnywarm said:
Mike

Thanks John

Preston Trading Post

Very cool! You are definitely all set for the coming heating season.

Great looking stove and a great looking fire. Makes me miss heating season. I am surprised at the cooler weather we've had here in TN the past week. Normally July is mid to upper 90s with high relative humidity. We've been in the mid to upper 80s with low humidity. Once it gets above 80, I'm uncomfortable.

Yep, looks really nice! You're going to be really loving it next winter! Good job!

Poult

mikepinto65 said:
johnnywarm said:
Mike

Thanks John

Preston Trading Post

That's where I got mine too!

Hey Mike,
Nice vids, your in Webster eh? I'm about a 1/2 hour south from you in CT.
The burning season will be here before you know it.

WoodButcher

WOODBUTCHER said:
Hey Mike,

WoodButcher

Heck . . . I've had a few fires in the old woodstove just in the past few weeks with all of the rain and cool weather we've had here in New England . . . one could say the burning season is already here. :) ;)

I've had a couple fires in the Oslo also...that is if you're counting my wife filling it with candles because she misses watching the flame!(Though she'll never admit to it!)

Backroads said:
I've had a couple fires in the Oslo also...that is if you're counting my wife filling it with candles because she misses watching the flame!(Though she'll never admit to it!)

:lol:

Thanks Mike!! Look at my Sig :coolsmile:

Thats great!
Cant wait to see pictures! Did they treat you well at PTP?

mikepinto65 said:
Thats great!

Nice Place! Eric was nice.

johnnywarm said:
mikepinto65 said:
Thats great!

Nice Place! Eric was nice.

+1 IMHO. Very helpful knowledgeable staff.

WOODBUTCHER said:
Hey Mike,

WoodButcher

Nice, we live on the lake in between Point Breeze and Water Front Marys.
I grew up near Pomfret, in Chaplin. Pretty area but my wife grew up on the lake and wanted to stay.....cant say i blame her, but, I like the woods and farms too.

Status
Not open for further replies.