First look at Drolet's new EPA 2020 wood furnace...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yep, we are at 3500 sq/ft not including the basement. On really cold mornings, I leave the basement door open to get a boost in the first floor. That way I turn/close down the 1st floor zone/thermostat and send all the ducted heat to the 2nd floor and bonus room over the garage. That also ups my static pressure and allows my plenum temp to rise increasing the blower speed. Having a zoned system has it's benefits for sure but it doesn't allow me to precisely control static pressure. However, I have found a zone controller online that also controls static pressure. It adjusts your zone dampers so that the more that are open, the less they open to keep ideal static pressure. It's on the long term upgrade list but someday it will get done....

I'm surprised at your oil plenum temps. My LP has to be hotter than that based on my unscientific testing...

I'm surprised at your oil plenum temps. My LP has to be hotter than that based on my unscientific testing...

I have a 75KBTU LP furnace. A couple years ago I checked my dT on different speed taps when I had just the LP running and with the Kuuma blower running. Wanted to check dT to make sure I'm within spec of the data tag on the furnace and wanted to use the slowest speed tap of I could and still be within spec.

I'm using the LOW speed tap on my LP furnace, I saw a dT of 48° after 15 minutes of running. 75° in and 123° out.

I'm just not seeing that high of plenum temps without it open... This is why I need to try the clip mod to see if secondaries alone can keep me over 140 and keep the blower on a higher setting. As per factory setup, you'll never see blower speed 2-6 with the damper closed no matter how perfect your draft or dry your wood is.
my fan come on at 130 and off at 100. fan seems to run all day

Your fan runs constantly with the damper closed when there isn't a call for heat? Mine will cycle but not stay on constantly and that might be because you have your KOP lower. However, moving air that cool on speed 1 through hundreds of feet of ducting is not very productive in my situation.

roof actually has been done. The cool yellow thing is a underground long hole drill
How much r value do you have in the roof? Looks kinda thin.My roof is R100 for 75% and R80 for the rest.I have parallel cord trusses for my vaulted cieling,they are 3' thick and full of batt insulation 12/12 pitch
Is the drill for straight down ,or is it a guide able one?
Thanks

Is the drill for straight down ,or is it a guide able one?
My guess is that its a horizontal drill...hence the name "longhole", instead of "deephole" ;) ;lol