FIRST pellet jam ever (Harmon Accentra) & a question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned a pellet stove now since 1997 & this evening I had my first jam, ever. Turned on stove like always, room temp 75* and once it lit flame never got to anything worth while. Watched auger turn & a few pellets come out.
QUESTION is: I took my hand and went in from the top down and raked all the pellets away, did that get it or did the pellet finally break apart?
Using "Easy Heat" pellets from Rural King

Pellets could be bridging over the auger flight ... I have only had that happen with one brand - Trebio hardwoods. I used to have to "stir" the pellets with a dowelling and you could visibly see them settle farther down in the hopper. Once they were gone, I never bought any more;) Never had an issue with the softies.

Fair number of long pellets? Just starting using this brand?

I must admit, I'm a little surprised I have not had a feed problem yet; when I fill the hopper, I tend to wit until low and still getting a full bag in takes work, I fill perhaps halfway and then really shove the pellets down and back in the hopper to make room. I do this a couple of times and the hopper is truly "full" at the end, and I fear that one day I'll compact the pellets into a mass that won't feed. But, so far, no jams, the stove and I living in perfect -- ahem -- Harmany.

YET = You're Eligible Too

Status
Not open for further replies.