First post: RSF Focus, Supreme Galaxy, or Pacific Energy 30 for new build?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluepowder7

Aug 31, 2014
Midwest
Hi, all! I've been lurking and gleaning all I can from this terrific site. I've checked the review section, but not a lot of feedback about these models. We are building a new home and decided after building the chimney (non-masonry) that we don't want a fireplace that amounts to a hole in the house. We have considered a freestanding wood stove, but the spouse wants a more traditional fireplace. After much looking around the three models listed in the title seem to be the best fit as far as aesthetics and budget. We only need the heat to be supplemental, not supply heat to the whole house. We do like the idea of having the fireplace as a backup heat source in case of emergencies. Can anyone give me any feedback about these models or aspects we should be considering? Thanks so much!

Welcome. I would strongly recommend thinking some more about a freestanding stove. It can be installed on a beautiful traditional styled hearth to please the eyes. The reasons I say this is that you will get better heating, a flue system that you can hook a different stove to in the future if desired, a great fire view and most importantly, heat even if the power is out.

That said, RSF has been making good fireplaces for years. The PE FP30 is the tried and true Summit in a zero clearance cabinet. I wouldn't anticipate issues there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.