First run on my Cubex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobertNH

Sep 25, 2014
New England
Since my supply of Okie DF's is no longer I had to switch.
Really didn't like the reports on the Northern Warmth so I took a chance (well, after reading a few posts from you guys).

I'm okay so far with these Cubex.
Nice hot pellet and so far ash is close, seems a little higher, but Ill report after a few bags have been burnt.
No clunkers! Real happy about that!

I have not adjusted the stove from the settings of the Okie DF's. Thought I'd have to, yet so far, probably won't.

And yes, before you ask, I did a full cleaning before the run.

I'm liking these better than the Okie Golds I tried years back.

Just 'my' 2 cents on Cubex.

Reactions: robert65
All I have ever used is Cubex except the first year burning
This years batch 41/2 ton are the best I have had from them in a long time
Very HOT and ash about the same as other years . They got a bad rap a
few years ago but I have always been happy with them
Just my 5 cents worth ( inflation)

Reactions: robert65
I've now run a few bags through and still very happy in what I'm seeing.

Not getting clunkers and ash is equal to my Okie DF's.
My stove seems to like them!
I will also say the dust from loading the hopper (coming from the bag) seems less.

Some people are less enamored of them, but my P63a loves Cubex. Unfortunatly my wallet doesn't love the price, plus I can't find them close to me, so I've only managed to get some at the end of season when people are off-loading them on CL.

Glad your St. Croix likes them!

Glad u are having luck with them. I had a awful batch a few years ago. I mean awful. They came and picked up the ton from me they were so bad.

Haven't tried them since. But maybe maybe they fixed what was wrong. The old ones were awesome.

I will pick up a bag and try and if they burn like they used to. I would buy again.