First secondary burn small fire T-5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madison said:
albertj03 said:
Nice stove and great fire. Here is one of my PE Super 27 (same firebox as the T5) with secondaries cranking on a full load of red oak. They are hard to see but there are flames in the fron too. This Makes me warm just watching it.

I think I've seen that scene in a Star Trek movie?

Ray, jeez August 8th, I'm running the A/C and just west from you a ways.

I couldn't resist trying the stove and baking the paint.. It was tolerable with all the windows wide open :)

Ray

RIDGERUNNER30 said:
Thats one nice looking stove , love the way they look, I almost purchased one .

Thanx RR!! The kind words are appreciated!

Ray

PapaDave said:
BrowningBAR said:
PapaDave said:
Thanks Ray, nice fire. How big is that firebox again? Usable space only.
I've got about 6-7 weeks before the stove gets lit here.

Seriously, you two need to switch up the avatars. I keep thinking you are talking to yourself.

Ok, you in Ray?
You can have my avatar, I get your avatar, and Browning gets to be unconfused. :cheese:
Oh, and I do talk to myself occasionally. I try not to answer though......that would be weird.

It's OK to talk to yourself Dave just don't argue ;)

Ray

Capt Ron said:
Awesome Ray!...Makes me feel cooler here in Texas!

Ron

Thanx Ron now let's get that F600 installed.. You will love it..

Ray

PapaDave said:
Thanks Ray, nice fire. How big is that firebox again? Usable space only.
I've got about 6-7 weeks before the stove gets lit here.

Dave I just measured the inside of the stove and I get ~2.3 cu. ft.. Allowing some space for air 2.0 cu. ft. is very accurate for this stove.. I can fit wood 18.5" in N/S and 16" E/W.. I like the shape of the firebox as it is an even rectangle so you can load it full with all 18" wood N/S.. Dave what stove are you getting?

Ray

Both those videos look pretty cool, and it does look strange seeing that river of fire on the top of the firebox, sorta like a flashover which is essentially what it is.

Albert, That was a pretty cool video! LI haven't seen anything quite like that with my stove yet. What type of wood did you have in there at the time?

certified106 said:
Albert, That was a pretty cool video! LI haven't seen anything quite like that with my stove yet. What type of wood did you have in there at the time?

Plutonium? :)

Ray

Ray burns mostly empty beer cartons in his.

Backwoods Savage said:
Ray burns mostly empty beer cartons in his.

Shushhh you're gonna blow my cover hiccup!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.