First ton burned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading into the teens tonight...bulk hopper...full...;lol

I live within a stone throw of the Albany airport

I expect to burn around 500 bags...
OK, you are a few degrees colder than I.

Will pass 40 bags today with two stoves.

The Quad MVAE is on 24/7 (stat backs it down just a bit overnight) while the little Whitfield Quest burns about 12-14 hours/day most days (off overnight and when we're away because it is used to heat my office and supplement the main floor). Room with MVAE is moderately large living room with half-cathedral ceiling (awful for heat) and stays 71-73. Rest of main floor is 68-71. Office (basement level) is 68-72 with Quest running. Upstairs (bedrooms) stay 62-66, which is exactly where we like it (so much better sleep in cooler temps).

Hey Boomhour, How is that cool new stove workin out for ya;?

Hi there Phil, excellent so far, still in the honeymoon stage :). I have to love the ash management system. It's been 4 days since I opened the door to give it a scrape, and with temps like these it's nice to know the stove can keep up. Pic was taken on stage 4 after 20 minutes of run time. I gather you are still enjoying your stove? Gasification does work! 20131129_072655.jpg 20131129_074638.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.