First ton, first burn and it's official.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

champscorner

Hearth Supporter
Sep 7, 2009
Midwest Ohio
I'm in luv :) Bought my 1st ton of Lignetics today for $229.99 and am currently in my 1st burn and all is well. Outside temp is 38F but I'm sitting at a toasty 74F in my chair and I've only been burning for about 3hrs :) :) :) I can't help myself, I keep staring at the flame. Thanks again for all who gave input. I definatley made the right decision with this purchase!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 532
Nice install I really like it . I know how you feel ,I have had mine for a week now and I love it . It goes all day ,all night and you don't have to do any thing .If it gets to cold push a button and in a few minutes its warm. That is a big stove how many sq ft are you heating ? I wish I could get pellets that cheap ,and they probably came from here .

Thanks. Just 1600 sq ft so I hope it doesn't run us out. It's rated for 2200 sq ft. Next on my list carbon monoxide detectors, better surge protector, and wirless thermostat ;)

Thats a good match ,you have good control on these . I see you are multi fuel are you going to try corn or cherry pits ? I would love to be able to do that .

Excell said:
Thats a good match ,you have good control on these . I see you are multi fuel are you going to try corn or cherry pits ? I would love to be able to do that .

Yes I plan to but want to get setup burning pellets for now. I have 2 30# bags of Triple D. Orchard, dried cherry pits to try out and have ample supply of corn as I'm actually in the biggest ag county in Ohio. Just want to get in the flow for awhile before switching anything up or experimenting.

Looks great Champs.

Great price for the Lig's.....cheapest I've seen them. I'm sure you'll like them. Oh, BTW, I see a bag of ProPellets snuck onto the pellet pile....LOL. Let us know how you like them too.

Congrats on the install, and enjoy the heat! :)

looks nice....your corner install is similar to mine....i used the same slate tiles, and raised the pad also

Champscorner,

Very nice install, great pellets, and terrific price.

I also love to watch the flames of a wood or pellet stove.

Enjoy,

Ranger

HEMI said:
looks nice....your corner install is similar to mine....i used the same slate tiles, and raised the pad also

Ya but you're a Cowboys fan and that's just disgusting :) ;)

champscorner said:
HEMI said:

lol....lots of hatred for the boys around here.....hope your with cincy and not clev.

Looks great. Looks like you will be warm this winter.

Hey go easy on us Cowboy fans.

Let us know how the Propellets compare to the Lignetics.

jay

HEMI said:
champscorner said:
HEMI said:

lol....lots of hatred for the boys around here.....hope your with cincy and not clev.

as a Fantasy Football guru, I have to say the Browns dont have a SINGLE player I would have on my roster this year since they traded Edwards..and when he was on the Browns, I probably wouldnt have wanted him anyhoo

champscorner said:
Thanks. Just 1600 sq ft so I hope it doesn't run us out. It's rated for 2200 sq ft. Next on my list carbon monoxide detectors, better surge protector, and wirless thermostat ;)

Please don't dilly - dally about the CO detector. Unless you had somebody check it with a detector as soon as you fired it up, you could be dead right now.

HEMI said:
champscorner said:
HEMI said:

I'm neither. I'm a long time Broncos fan. Hence the forum name. I have a lot of friends that are Bengals fans though. They still won't shut up about Denver's opening game of the season. Lucky this, lucky that, blah blah blah. A win is a win. You dallas fans know what I mean, refer to 10-04-09 ;)

as a Fantasy Football guru, I have to say the Browns dont have a SINGLE player I would have on my roster this year since they traded Edwards..and when he was on the Browns, I probably wouldnt have wanted him anyhoo

I agree with this 100%. I have weak recievers this year as I picked 12th out of 16 and still would'nt think about looking in Edward's direction :)
[/quote]

Please don't dilly - dally about the CO detector. Unless you had somebody check it with a detector as soon as you fired it up, you could be dead right now.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I only ran my stove for about 5hrs last night with some windows open. It's shutoff now as we are heading to cincy for a family get together and I won't be firing up again until Sunday evening. I will have them by then!!! Any brands better than others(affordable)?

Sorry, didn't quote franks correctly

Do you have your stove plugged into a surge protector? I noticed the bag of ProPellets on top too. Let us know what you think of them.

daydreamer said:
Do you have your stove plugged into a surge protector? I noticed the bag of ProPellets on top too. Let us know what you think of them.

yes, but it's a cheap one for now. I'll get a new one when I can.

Don't you just love watching the flame? :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.