Fisher Baby bear woodland direct hearth pad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2011
virginia
I am going to install a UL listed baby bear into the corner in the living room in my house. I would like to use a woodland direct hearth pad and wall protection. Does anyone know what size I need to get to keep it safe. I will be buying the highest r value that they offer on the wall pads and hearth pad. Has anyone used one and what are you opinions on the woodland direct. Also any pictures of your stove on the pads would be great for reference. The baby bear I have is NOS with UL tag on the bag. Thanks

Ok I am going to order the 60wx60d hearth pad with matching wall extensions. THe fisher manual says 32in for the back wall is that 32 from combustibles or is that from non combustibles. Will the 60wx60d corner pad be large enough for the baby bear?

All clearance requirements are to combustible material. There is "no" clearance for non-combustible such as cement block, cement, or solid brick........ However, there should always be at least 3 inch clearance to a non-combustible wall or hearth for air circulation around stove to prevent uneven heating of steel plate.
I don't see a "wall extension" on their website or know what you're referring to. The only "extension" I know of is a Hearth Extension for when you need more coverage in front of a stove or insert in front of a hearth extending the existing hearth farther out into the room. If you're referring to a UL listed heat shield for the wall, you can then reduce clearance to wall. 9or build one with 1 inch airspace behind it) You can then mark on the floor with tape where corners of stove will be, and know if the floor protector will be large enough for the required 16" coverage in front.
You would need to post links to the products giving dimensions you're buying to verify if they are the correct size.

What type floor covering or finish material do you have now? (hardwood, carpet, tile.......)
It's much cheaper using a rectangular floor protector under stove as shown in diagram on page 4. (depending on existing floor covering)

Status
Not open for further replies.