Q&A Fisher cast iron

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

To Whom It May Concern: I have an old reliable Fisher woodstove. It heats my entire two story gambrel in Southern Maine! I love it and am looking to replace the cast iron shelf that sits in the firebox. This deflects flames and reflects heat back into the box. In the likely event that I can't find a replacement--what does a body do in the search for cast iron?

Answer:

Woodman associates (https://www.hearth.com/partsplace.html) can make cast-iron parts from scratch for people. In addition, you could probably have something fabricated out of stainless steel or regular steel.

One design that might work is a frame of angle iron with firebricks laying on top of it.

Link: Parts Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.