Fisher Cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo191145

Burning Hunk
Sep 29, 2013
Central Ct
Has anyone ever considered installing a cat inside a grandpa fisher? I've read the baffle thread and wondered if it could be brought one more step ahead.
Also what's a good price for a good condition grandpa?

I am sure it could be done but it would ba a massive amount of work plus the cost of the cat and it would probably never work anywhere as good as a stove designed for one. They are good old basic stoves And burnt correctly they can be good clean burning stoves to but they will never be as efficent as modern ones and i personally don't think it is worth trying. Just my opinion though

I am sure it could be done but it would ba a massive amount of work plus the cost of the cat and it would probably never work anywhere as good as a stove designed for one. They are good old basic stoves And burnt correctly they can be good clean burning stoves to but they will never be as efficent as modern ones and i personally don't think it is worth trying. Just my opinion though

Thank you bholler. Opinions is exactly what I'm looking for.
Personally I'm not sure exactly how much work it is to install a cat in a smoke dragon. I enjoy tinkering but if it's pretty much an impossibility to get it working right there's not much sense.

Flame impingement would be a concern but if you shut it down and let the cat do the work I would think the concern would be lessened. Never had a cat tho. I'm fairly ignorant on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.