Fisher fireplace insert screen specs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disgoduc

Feb 27, 2015
Maryland USA
I have a glass door Fisher fireplace insert and was wondering if someone had the same and could measure the specs for the screen and send them to me or post them. I would really like to have a screen made for the stove. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way I'm new to the forum, thanks in advance. image.jpeg

As far as I know, no one has put a screen on a model with glass. I'm not sure why you would want to. The glass was added to be able to view fire and still control the fire while producing heat. With a screen in place, you can only control the fire with damper as it burns free letting most all the heat go up the chimney. A screen is for fire viewing only and is not considered a radiant heater with doors open and screen in place.

Your picture doesn't tell us if your Insert is a full size Insert III (your glass style is a III if it is a full size Insert) or the downsized Honey Bear Insert. The size and shape of air opening slot above Insert doesn't show in your picture. It could be a Cub Bear or even Polar Bear if it has a double high slot. I have them here to measure, but I would need to know what model you have. The size of your handles compared to the door size looks like a Honey Bear to me, but most viewing won't be able to tell. Your pic looks like the handles are taller than top of door.
Below is a picture of full size Insert that the handles are the same size but look smaller due to much larger doors;

11-2011 ebay $1018-2.jpg Copy of Insert drawing with baffle.jpg Full size Insert dimensions

If you still want a screen;
What does the door opening measure? The actual opening the wood fits through when the doors are open, width and height.

If it is 17 wide X 10 1/2 high, the chrome screen for Grandma, Insert, Goldilocks and Teddy Bear that locks on with handles should fit.
If it is 14 wide X 8 1/2 high it is a Honey Bear. That would use a Honey Bear only screen.
CamFan on this site has both.
Click on his name on one of his posts and click "Start a Conversation" to let him know which one you need.

If it is none of the above, you don't want other people to measure their stove for a screen to fit yours. There is no guarantee that another fabricator made the door seal exactly the same as yours. It should be custom made for your Insert.
(I'm betting on the Honey Bear) The number of bricks in your Insert would tell us too. Across the back and down the sides. I can tell by the size of your firebox that way what you have.
And welcome to the Forum ! It's not a simple answer with many Insert models.

I have a glass door Fisher fireplace insert and was wondering if someone had the same and could measure the specs for the screen and send them to me or post them. I would really like to have a screen made for the stove. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way I'm new to the forum, thanks in advance.View attachment 173168
That stove looks angry, it's mad at cold. I'd keep the doors on.

Reactions: coaly
Or unleash the Beast !!!

Insert ablaze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.