Fisher Grandma Bear help...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D11_Man

Dec 3, 2023
Pennsylvania
Hello all. I've just acquired a Fisher Grandma Bear today and I'm going to put it in my garage. I'm completely new to Fisher stoves and I would like some input on if I need a hearth to set the stove on? Would it be okay just sitting on the concrete floor?

Also I don't have a chimney or anything on the garage but I would like to run a pipe thru the wall and up in the air for a flue. What kind if pipe do I need to use? Single wall? Double wall?

Please be patient with me as this is a learning process. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately you cannot legally install a wood stove in a garage in the US.

Hello all. I've just acquired a Fisher Grandma Bear today and I'm going to put it in my garage. I'm completely new to Fisher stoves and I would like some input on if I need a hearth to set the stove on? Would it be okay just sitting on the concrete floor?

Also I don't have a chimney or anything on the garage but I would like to run a pipe thru the wall and up in the air for a flue. What kind if pipe do I need to use? Single wall? Double wall?

Please be patient with me as this is a learning process. Thank you in advance.
First off be aware that solid fuel stoves are not allowed by code in.any garage in the usa. So if you decide to do it there is a very real possibility Insurance will deny any associated claim.

If you decide your ok with that risk you need to use chimney pipe as soon as you hit a wall or ceiling. And then continue chimney pipe from there