Q&A Fisher Mobile Home Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

i recently purchased a Fisher mobile home fireplace stove and have ran into a problem installing it. Underneath the stove is a six inch square opening that I assume was meant either to collect ash or for venting. However I dont want to cut a hole in my floor and am wondering if I can block this hole. should i block this hole from below, or up in the firebox or do i have to cut a hole in my floor. Its starting to get cold here, and would like to install soon. thanks for your help

Answer:

That was meant to bring in outside air to the stove from beneath the mobile home. All mobile home installations require this. If you are installing it in a regular home, it may be possible to block it off, however you have to look and see if there are alternative ways of the firebox receiving it's needed combustion air. Perhaps there is another plate somewhere which you can remove.....

Status
Not open for further replies.