Fisher pipe adapters on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know, if codes are enforced in your area, reducing the chimney size is not generally allowed unless specified in the stove's manual.

Even if codes aren't enforced in your area, making the chimney diameter smaller than the stove collar may not fly with coverage for homeowner's insurance.

pen

I need to find an adapter that goes from the flue opening of the insert to a OVAL stainless liner...my chimmey flu is like 7x12.

I may try to weld a sch 40 8" collar to the top of the insert and make an adapter to convert to an oval liner.

Now thats what I'm looking for....Thankyou

Do I just bolt it on, and use chimney cement over the openings or is is best to use a gasket material under the adapter then bolt it down ? I have to find a 7" adapter...I don't think the 8" oval pipe will fit into the chimney flue

You will need to notch or drill it for the damper rod. You can drill and tap holes into the top to bolt it on, or use self taping hardware. I prefer gasket, but cement could be used.
If you search "Insert Boot" on this forum at top left, you will find other threads and pictures where members have done it and posted pictures.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/search/9948852/?q=insert+boot&t=post&o=date&c[node]=28

When drilling thru the adapter for the damper rod, how do you seal off the opening once the rod goes thru the new hole that was drilled....there would be alittle play in the hole....its it critical to be a air tight seal around the rod ?

Drill it close like 1/2" hole for 1/2" rod. No worse than the loose fitting hole in a piece of stove pipe where the damper spindle goes through. If you end up with a larger hole to get it to line up across the opening, you can always put a washer on the rod with a spring and clamp collar (or cotter pin through shaft) to put pressure against the side of the wall with irregular hole. Like the spring and cup washers on a damper spindle that goes against the pipe wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.