Fiskar's Question: Old Super Splitting Axe vs. x25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
I have three fiskars axes, but only one that was purchased before the conversion to the X series.

My friend's teenage boy heard me talking about these axes and wanted to try them out. His conclusion was that he liked the length of the x27 but thought the head of my old pre-x25 Super Splitting Axe (28 inch handle) worked better / was a better splitter.

He's right, in that I had noticed there to be a slight difference in head shape, and even myself thought the old super splitting axe worked better, but I stick with the x27 most often because I like the length more.

Long story short,,,,, the boy is wondering if he orders the x25, if it will come with a head that's identical to the current x27, or if it still looks slightly different / will match my older pre-X series splitter.

From the pictures online it looks like the x25's head will match the x27's.

It looks like this vendor is still using the old splitting axe picture, guess we'll have to call and see if it is in fact NOS if that's really what he wants. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiskars-Sup...632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d16a97ef8

Anyone else have both and try them and notice a difference?

Here's the x25 above and old splitting axe below. The old one has a head that is more square in shape, and a slightly different shape to the "ears" as well.

x25.jpg
$%28KGrHqV,%21qsFH2y-O4fYBSFSR0zhM%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Thanks,

pen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.