Fiskars quick guide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I've decided I can't really talk smack about the Fiskars until I try one, but I've noticed that nobody carries a "line" of the splitters. This lead me to check out the different splitters carried by Fiskars (on their website). It might be helpful to those searching as well.

the Splitting axes are listed in order of length in the following picture, and the Fiskars website has the following prices for each: $53, $45, $40, and $40 respectively (top to bottom). The website didn't have head weights for the 23.5 and 17" splitters. The pictures have been pulled off of their website and I had to shrink them to provide some perspective, so the two smaller splitters may be slightly out of whack, but you get the basic idea. Hope this is helpful.....

(edited picture to fix my crappy spelling)

Attachments

• Fiskars guide.jpg
    Fiskars guide.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 250
With the Super and Pro, you would have all your splitting needs covered. I have the Pro and I can swing it all day.

I haven't heard of the "Supper" Splitting axe though, although I am sure it would have no problem splitting any supper just fine. Just make sure the supper is placed on the table so you don't hit your shins and wear some safety glasses. ;-P

Sisu said:
With the Super and Pro, you would have all your splitting needs covered. I have the Pro and I can swing it all day.

I haven't heard of the "Supper" Splitting axe though, although I am sure it would have no problem splitting any supper just fine. Just make sure the supper is placed on the table so you don't hit your shins and wear some safety glasses. ;-P
awwww man, did i really spell it wrong? I hate that........

Status
Not open for further replies.