Flame Adjustment on Gas Cook Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
Hey all...

Curious if anyone has had experience in flame adjustment on Gas Cook Stoves(new model). The flames on the cook top look very normal in color but they seem as though they could be adjusted lower. I have a new Amana Gas Stove(6 months old). And also is LP gas and not NG.

Thanks for the help!

Check your owners manual for instructions, or go to www.amana.com and get a manual if need be.

It's a pretty simple adjustment. My stove is 4 years old. It's basically adjusting a screw to control gas flow, if I remember correctly.

Or , if it's something covered under the warranty (owners manual should tell you this), call the service Dude ;-)

Just asking the obvious; has it been converted to LP? The orifices are different and the regulator needs to be adjusted for LP. The technician who installed it should have done this when it was converted. There should be a sticker to this effect near the model #.

That being said, most gas cooktops will wrap the flame around the pot and heat the sides (and the handle and any spoons you leave in the pot) on full burn. It's kinda wasteful, but that's the way they work. I rarely run ours full bore for efficiency's sake.

Chris
Former appliance Dude

Thanks for the responses guys....very helpful. :)

LOL !!

Is it LP or NG?

Is it smoking the walls? Burning to hot ?

Mine did that. Repainting my kitchen is a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.