Flame going out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikespirito

Oct 2, 2013
Coventry RI
I have a Quadra Fire 1200. I set the feeder to a low setting and the flame keeps going out. Why?

All the vent holes in the burn pot clear?

Not enough fuel. Don't set it that low. Adjust the slider open more in the hopper.

.......open up the feedgate more.....

So when you start the stove, it lights and starts feeding pellets,but then goes out? The pellets stove veterans on here are also gonna want to know some things abut your venting set-up...... When was the last time the stove was cleaned? we are currently burning Clean Energy{re-bagged Hamers sold at the Monaca,Pa. Lowes} and have the feed gate 3/4 wide open..And dont forget,when you adjust the feed gate,it takes about 15-20 min for the change to take place......

Yea I had it open a quarter of the way. I'm trying to use minimal pellets.

I just installed the pellet stove about 2 weeks ago. I'm still learning the ins and out of burning pellets.

Open the feedgate more and see what happens. It's a simple thing to check, and if fixes the problem then you can move on to other things :)

Read you manual and set up the feed on HIGH to the flame height they recommend. The height will go up and down but try to get an average. Once you have it set for the proper feed on HIGH, don't touch it for the other settings. If you have your stove on a thermostat, IT will take care of using minimal pellets to produce enough btu's to keep you warm. You can't use less pellets than what you need to get the required btu's. It's science.

Thanks guys so I figured out. I opened up the feeder to halfway and is working like a charm now.

Thanks guys so I figured out. I opened up the feeder to halfway and is working like a charm now.
Set you flame height in HIGH, like I said to do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.