Flames too tall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheaperthanYou

Feb 11, 2013
Levittown
Ok so I am winding if my flames get too high if this is even a problem. When I get a cold or hot reload I start with a full open throttle, let the wood char a bit and then start to throttle down. Sometimes my stove temp will be in the upper 300's. ad the flames will be bright orange and very tall. Is this a problem? This is with smaller stuff to get it going again. I always get worrie that flame is getting in the liner, is that even possible?

I tried searching but maybe I had the wrong words

Thanks again

Sometimes those tall bright orange flames coming off the wood is smoke and gases burning as its rising from the wood. I get that a lot. Completely normal. As far as getting flames in the liner I would think you would have to have a very strong draft for that to happen. As long as your baffle is in place with no gaps(assuming its some sort of ceramic board) flames are very unlikely to reach the liner

Status
Not open for further replies.