flex liner must be a single piece?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ba_jie

Oct 8, 2008
Hi,
The liner comes with my wood stove insert is about 15 ft long. But i guess my chimney is higher than 15 ft.
Can i buy some extra foot of liner and connect them together? or the liner has to be a single piece?

Thanks.

Jie

I am not sure if my original question is too vague or no one knows the answer.
I guess i should put it this way:

Is it safe to extend flex liner? Is there part available to extend flex liner?

Thanks again.

You can use as many pieces as you please.

I would make sure that you are using the SAME brand and model liner, and the appropriate attachment sleeve.

No problem at all.

I did quite a search about the attachment sleeve but nowhere can i locate it on Internet.

Does anyone know where i can get it?

jie said:
I did quite a search about the attachment sleeve but nowhere can i locate it on Internet.

Does anyone know where i can get it?

What brand of liner?

Do you need to worry about smoke/CO2 leakage with those? I had to do the same with mine when I came up a little short, and I sealed it up as best I could, but just wondering about it leaking after cleaning for several years....

pulldownclaw said:
Do you need to worry about smoke/CO2 leakage with those? I had to do the same with mine when I came up a little short, and I sealed it up as best I could, but just wondering about it leaking after cleaning for several years....

I have one on the end of my liner going into the elbow on top of the stove. Works fine. Ya just dope it with furnace cement on both ends and then use stainless rivits to nail it on. Won't leak and the cement is between the layers of stainless so the brush never touches it.

Thank you for the link.
I am planning order parts from them. I found one particualr part called flex spacer.

Do i need to use them with my liner(it doesn't have the insulation layer)?

Anyone use flex spacer in your installation?

jie said:
Thank you for the link.
I am planning order parts from them. I found one particualr part called flex spacer.

Do i need to use them with my liner(it doesn't have the insulation layer)?

Anyone use flex spacer in your installation?

I didn't but I wish I had. It would have held the liner straighter up and down in the flue. I don't know how hard getting them down the flue would have been though.

Sorry for being such pain in a**, loads of questions.

from the DuraSS installation guide, i didn't see it requires damper shield to be installed.
I know that i may have to remove the existing damper so the liner can go through.
Do i have to install damper shield then? or the rain cap should be suffcient to stop rain falling inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.