Flexible liner through 8x13 Clay liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dajolu

Nov 27, 2023
New York
I have a masonry chimney about 24"x24" with a clay liner running down it. I measured the clay at around 8 x 13 exterior OD. It is an exterior chimney and when I pulled a piece of flashing off the side of where the chimney meets the house It has a 1" gap from the chimney to the siding. Even though I think I have the right clearances to run a un-insulated liner, I like the idea of it being insulated but do not think it will fit.. I did find on Rockford chimney supply they sell a 1/4" insulation wrap that would only increase the liner OD by 3/4". This liner should work right? I do not think an oval liner is an option because I am going into the chimney from the side and don't see how the tee would work. The reason for the side entry is that I built and alcove adjacent to the chimney where the stove will be.

Actually.. I guess the 3/4" will be to much. I am looking at probably a 6.5" interior dimension of the clay flue right?

Often an oval or ovalized liner is the solution for this size flue. They make oval to 6" round tees for these setups. Rockford sells this type of system or there is the preinsulated, rigid DuraLiner system.

Often an oval or ovalized liner is the solution for this size flue. They make oval to 6" round tees for these setups. Rockford sells this type of system or there is the preinsulated, rigid DuraLiner system.
Ok thank you. I will look into it. Are the liners sold by Rockford quality?

Yes, they have some good products for sale and a helpful support staff.