Flooded insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mas0n

Dec 27, 2023
Se pa
Hello I have an unfortunate situation. My house recently flooded with about six inches of water. Just last year we had an insert installed. Took out the firebrick doesn't look too bad haven't tried the fan yet. Do you think I can use it?

Hello I have an unfortunate situation. My house recently flooded with about six inches of water. Just last year we had an insert installed. Took out the firebrick doesn't look to bad haven't tried the fan yet. Do you think I can use it?
Have it checked out by a pro

Sorry to hear that. We've had many reports locally of frozen pipes leading to flooding. Remove the blower so that the area under the firebox can be inspected and dried if necessary. Maybe try out the blower on the bench if it is completely dried out.

If you are running off a well and a pressure tank, they make low pressure cut out switches that will cut power to the pump once the tank pressure falls below the cut on pressure. So if a pipe bursts the pump wont run forever and flood everything.

We live on a river which was my life long dream that hasn't been all that great. Fortunately it only got the back half of the house. Enjoying the harman p43 till I get the insert figured out.

Reactions: ozarkoak
Nice her father has a cabin in perry and my friend has a camp in tioga. I've been looking at this site for years and love it just recently joined. Thanks again everyone stay warm!