Flue Improvements needed? Draft weak when not burn hot.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NATE379 said:
How did that work out?

It is better for sure.
Well I've been lower on the stat than ever before & in the morning the wood is gone.
I'm cautiously moving down on the stat, watching it for a few hours then down another scosh.
How much better I don't know. still working out what my new lowest setting will be.
Had it all figured out, now it has changed, for the better but how much better is yet to be determined
New tuned exhaust :) takes time to quantify the results & get various carburetor settings figured out.

Good post BK, there are posts on here from people who spent good money putting in 45's and double wall pipe and it did not do squat! Color me wrong as I see it did help but the posts I talk about are on here just the same.

I run mine straight up and down usually.

With the warm temps we have had the last couple days I have not even bothered to light a fire. The sunlight from the day is enough to keep the house at least in the 60s through the night.

bogydave said:
NATE379 said:
How did that work out?

It is better for sure.
Well I've been lower on the stat than ever before & in the morning the wood is gone.
I'm cautiously moving down on the stat, watching it for a few hours then down another scosh.
How much better I don't know. still working out what my new lowest setting will be.
Had it all figured out, now it has changed, for the better but how much better is yet to be determined
New tuned exhaust :) takes time to quantify the results & get various carburetor settings figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.