Flue venting in relation to underground LP tank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

skalor

Feb 2, 2016
Nazareth, PA
I want to vent my Harman Hydroflex 60 pellet boiler through the side of my house but I'm unsure of the safety of where I would like to put the vent so I thought it wise to ask. I just finished plumbing it in as it is located should below.

full?d=1480683104.jpg

This is where I would like to locate the vent and I've thought about running a vertical section but then I would exceed the flue length in the manual. The underground LP tank is ~12' from the foundation and 4' off-center from the vent location.

full?d=1517812296.jpg

Forgive the conditon of the siding and mising shutters. I cut down a large pine tree and was repainting the shutters when I took this. This is the west side of the house if it matters.

Last edited:
Best to ask your local inspector to see what the laws are in your area

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

According to above posting you are over the 10 foot clearance..IMO you are OK..