For the Bigger Homes.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
roughly 8 hours per ton, ouch

Arti, did you ask if it does corn?
I am sort of looking for an updated Furnace that has auto ignition, Like the St Croix just tired of lighting it all the time. anyway this came up in one of my searches and had to share it with everyone here.

Hey, if you have the funds, you could heat the whole block (or 2 or 3).

I am sort of looking for an updated Furnace that has auto ignition, Like the St Croix just tired of lighting it all the time. anyway this came up in one of my searches and had to share it with everyone here.
You strike me as a handy dude, why not make a pressurized ignition for the furnace you have? I did this a long time ago on an Englander that didn't have ignition. Worked great, think it cost about $200 for all the parts.

You strike me as a handy dude, why not make a pressurized ignition for the furnace you have? I did this a long time ago on an Englander that didn't have ignition. Worked great, think it cost about $200 for all the parts.

I considered doing that however I would still have an older furnace that has some design issues with dropping the clinker while burning corn, Would rather start over with something like a Fahrenheit 050 or something similar.
It was a used furnace when I purchased it and not very well maintained. Heat exchanger is warped badly and the firepot is cracked as well as getting very thin.
I suspect that some used furnaces will be available this year because of the lower prices on oil and propain,

Reactions: smwilliamson
Status
Not open for further replies.