Forever flex preinsulated liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo191145

Burning Hunk
Sep 29, 2013
Central Ct
Has anyone used one? Any pros and cons?
Seems like a great product if you have the room to fit it but Im wondering if this is one of those liners that can snag and seperate with a chimney brush like others I've read of here.

Seems like a great product if you have the room to fit it but Im wondering if this is one of those liners that can snag and seperate with a chimney brush like others I've read of here.
The only con of the preinsulated liners that i know of it that they are les flexible than regular liners. As far as the durability forever flex will be as good as any of the light wall flex liners out there. Forever flex is made by Olympia they also make their hybrid liner in preinsulated and that liner is much more durable. They do not offer their armor flex in insulated yet though that is their most durable flex liner.

Reactions: Jo191145
I've never seen one separate. If that has happened, it must have been compromised while it was being installed. We install tons of the stuff, I'm yet to see any issues with the light wall flex.

I'm yet to see any issues with the light wall flex.
I have seen several fail but they are pretty good i just prefer the thicker liners

The only con of the preinsulated liners that i know of it that they are les flexible than regular liners. As far as the durability forever flex will be as good as any of the light wall flex liners out there. Forever flex is made by Olympia they also make their hybrid liner in preinsulated and that liner is much more durable. They do not offer their armor flex in insulated yet though that is their most durable flex liner.

Thanks bholler. Good info to know. I'm not finding the armor flex for sale online anywhere so I'll probably just go with the hybrid preinsulated. In comparing prices I can see no reason to insulate myself.
Getting ready for the Progress Hybrid. It should be an enjoyable winter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.