Forum Value QuadraFire CB 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

politicaldog

Mar 1, 2020
Ohio
I just have to say how valuable all this information is to the owner of a pellet stove. I have a QuadraFire CB 1200 and for the most part heat my whole house except when the temperature drops into the low teens which requires the furnace to assist. I've been running this stove for three years with no notable problems so I'm pretty happy with the product.

There are no certified service people within a reasonable distance to me so I've had to be the service manager. The store I bought the stove from promised they had "a guy"!

My 1st indication of the "a guy" experience was the stove shutting down because the pellet stopped sliding down in the hopper. "a guy" answer was I had to wax the sides so it was more slippery. (Changed Pellets Brands and it never did it again)

This brings me to the 1st real failure of the stove. The auger motor started making noise and with just reading this forum I was able to replace the motor successfully. Actually didn't fail but the leaking sealed bearing indicated a need to replace but never really stopped working.

Since the stove is getting older I just ordered $350 worth of backup parts so I'm hoping I'm ready for anything!

A huge THANKS to all of you that take the time to reply and help us with your knowledge!

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the thank you's. Spare parts are very important, and I would be checking out utube video's and such to help you be a better stove service man, so you can continue to take care of yourself. Remember, a clean stove is a happy stove. Stay warm. kap

Also, I find if you have spare parts at the ready, you'll never need them, ha. Welcome aboard. People joke about my "spare stove" that I keep but the results bear it out. Stay warm, spring is coming here in the NE- gonna be 65 tomorrow!